A new friend Adam met in Germany who also happened to be LDS.
Adam had a reaction to the smallpox vaccine which clogged his lymph nodes and caused him to get a big lump. The doctors were concerned that it could be cancerous, so they sent him to Germany to have a biopsy done. It wasn't cancerous, but they did surgery to remove the lump and a couple of his lymph nodes that were swollen. He should only be in Germany a few more days. Even though he went there for surgery, he's been a little spoiled by getting to tour around and not having to work 12 hour shifts everyday. ;) It's a well deserved break for him especially since he's such a hard worker. I just wish we could have been spoiled enough for him to come home. ;) I was looking into going to see him in Germany, however tickets were $1500!! Yikes! Although I wouldn't put a price on seeing him, we just decided it would be better to not spend the money, especially since he's pretty much locked down, except to get day passes here and there to go on tours, plus I would have had to find a place to stay. I'm happy he's been able to relax and revamp since he'll be heading back to Iraq soon. :)
Love the Iraq pictures! I sure wish I could sit on that throne - even if just for a photo for proof! Hopefully everything works out with his R&R and if you need anything let me know! I took anti-nausea medicine when I was pregnant and don't think I could do it without the meds :)
ReplyDelete