I just realized almost all my friends have blogs, so I thought I might as well get with the program and create one.
Update on mine and Adam's life recently-
I'm 19 weeks pregnant!! We find out in less than a week what gender we're having. We both think we're having a girl, but at the same time I would really love a boy. Either way, we'll be happy. It's been a really hard pregnancy. I've been really sick and had to go to the doctors/hospital 3 times to be given IV's because I was so dehydrated. I was at the point where I would throw up anywhere from 3-6 times a day (sometimes more) and couldn't keep anything down. I dropped 10 pounds my first trimester and still haven't even gotten up to my starting weight. Now I only throw up 3-5 times a week IF I take my anti-nausea medicine, so I always make sure to take it. :) I feel the baby kick more and more everyday. The kicking even woke me up when I fell asleep one day! Haha! I'm just waiting for the day when I can't sleep at night because it's kicking me in the ribs. ;)
Adam my sweet hubby mobilized to go to Iraq Jan 10 for Iraq. We were blessed enough he mobilized from Ft. Lewis, which is only 5 minutes from our house, so I was able to see him sometimes, although he wasn't allowed to leave base except to come to church on Sunday. We spent a lot of time at the MWR and PX. He left officially for Iraq the first day of March. His orders are for 400 days, so that would put him home in March of 2011, although we are crossing our fingers that he will be able to come home before Christmas. Adam got his R&R for Oct 5th-Oct 20 since the baby is due Oct 10, so he can hopefully be home for the baby's birth. Honestly it's one of my biggest fears that he won't be able to be there. It's hard enough not having him here for the entire pregnancy, let alone the birth. I know it's hard for him too especially not being able to come to the doctors appointments and ultrasounds. I try to keep him in the loop as much as I can by recording the heart beat and sending it to him, and sending him week to week updates of the baby's growth. Ahh! I miss him so much! I just want him to come home. Everyone told me the first two week of him being gone would be the hardest, but it just seems to get harder and harder everyday.
Anyway, I guess I am just blabbing now. It's kinda nice being able to get my feelings out. :)
UGh. Melissa, I am not saying I completely understand, but I do feel some of your pain. Cameron's company transferred him back to VA and I had to stay in AZ to work. We were apart for 3 weeks and couldn't do it. So I understand what it is like to have to be separated. I was lucky Cam had the ability to return. I'm sorry that you two are separated. I know it is hard and feels like an eternity. Just make sure you really lean on the Lord. He is there for you and understands how you feel. Also fill your day with lots to do, it takes your mind off of things. Hobbies are great, scrap booking especially. You can take classes like school, dance, etc just so you don't have to be alone. I hope you are well. Congrats on the baby and although you won't stop missing him if you keep yourself busy it will "get better"
ReplyDelete