Tuesday, July 20, 2010



This has been the month of emotional ups and downs, that's for sure! It started when my hubby Adam who was suppose to be leaving Iraq last Wednesday to come home called and said he wasn't coming home anymore. The Army decided instead of sending them home early, they were sending the guys to Afghanistan until February. Now, I understand his orders were until February of next year, but the thing that made me upset was they told us (the families) they were coming home early, then changed it at the last minute. At least don't tell us and get our hopes up about it, then the week we expect them home, change your mind. So, then I mentally prepare myself (again) for Adam to be gone until February of next year and to have this baby by myself and guess what! The Army changes its mind again. They are coming home. At least that's the plan for now. It could very well change again tomorrow. So I'm not believing ANYTHING. I'll believe he's coming home when I see him. According to my father-in-law, who is very knowledgeable about the military (considering he's been in 20+ years and deployed several times) the army has been known to be sending guys home and actually turned a plane around mid-air on the way to the US to send the soldiers back out for longer. Adam and I have both decided the military is definitely not for us. Don't get me wrong- I am very grateful for the financial blessing it has been and will continue to be for us, but after his time is up, he doesn't plan on re-enlisting. (Thank heavens!)

Also, in other good news. We have a house! Yay! It's a hud home in Lacey we are buying from the government. We are just pending inspection to make sure the house is ok. Woo hoo! It's huge!! Way bigger then I thought I would ever have, but we got it for pretty much the same price as a house 1/2 the size.

1 comment:

  1. congrats! thats exciting! when are u guys moving in?

    ReplyDelete