Sunday, March 17, 2013

Growing like a weed!

It's hard to believe my baby is growing SO fast! She will be 3 months old tomorrow! She has overall been such a good baby! Everything about her has been completely opposite of Alexis. Don't get me wrong, Alexis was a good baby for everything she had to go through. She had a really hard birth and was very sick as a baby requiring a blood transfusion and tons of antibiotics resulting in a low immune system, so if someone even sneezes around her she gets sick. When she was a baby she would throw up entire feedings multiple times a day. Rylee had an easy birth (well I mean as easy as a birth can go considering I was squeezing something big out of me), she has barely been sick at all (other than a couple weeks ago when we were all barfing our guts out with the stomach flu and she got a little bit of diarrhea- that's it thankfully) and she barely ever even spits up! It's so nice and refreshing to have a healthy baby! I thank the Lord everyday for 1. Alexis being alive and relatively healthy, other than the cold or other virus's she picks up every time we leave the house and 2. Rylee being completely healthy. I have 2 beautiful daughters and I am very blessed. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Rylee has been such a blessing in our lives these past 3 months. I now wonder having two kids what I did with my time when I had only Alexis. I felt like I was busy when I only had her and it was SO hard to go to the store or go out with her by myself... Oh how my perspective has changed! Now it seems so easy to go to the store with just her or just Rylee. I also feel very busy all the time- even if my house looks exactly the same as it did in the evening as it did in the morning. I've been very grateful for the opportunity to breastfeed Rylee. It is exhausting and has been a process building up a supply enough to only need to supplement about 5 oz of formula a day. I often find myself on the couch for about 20 minutes every hour feeding Rylee, but I can honestly say it has helped me feel closer to her and has contributed to her being so healthy. It makes it difficult to go out when I am always having to stop and feed her and I get very exhausted, but if that's the only hard thing about her, I will take it. She has the sweetest smile and laugh and she loves her big sister so much!! I was worried about how Alexis would handle having a baby in the house and I can honestly say she's been a champ! She plays with Rylee, shares with her, kisses and sings to her, covers her with blankies and just loves her and Rylee thinks she is hilarious!

Rylee's milestones are-
-Started smiling at 5 weeks (she was up for 3 hours that night, flashed me a huge smile and made it all worth it!
-Started laughing at 9 weeks. Feb 23, 2013. It was beyond cute! She also started holding her rattle around the same time.
- Rolled over at 2 weeks and again at 12. Both times she was on my bed and was trying to get comfy on her side and just plopped over to her tummy. She then realized she was on her tummy and got mad! :)

Her physical stats are-
-At birth- 6lbs 8oz, 18 in
-At 2m 3 weeks- 12lbs 22 in. Short and stout!






































































1 comment:

  1. I totally understand about the whole adjusting to two thing! People told me that having "just" one kid was way easier than having two, but I had a hard time imagining how much work 2 would be. Ooooh boy! you're totally right about only taking one kid places. It's a piece of cake now! I'll probably say the same thing when I have three kids about having "only" 2 ;)

    How did you build your supply? I'd love to know your secrets!

    ReplyDelete