Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Finding my place in this world

I'm trying hard to find my place in this crazy world. I recently realized when I was making a mormon.org profile I haven't accomplished much in my life other than having Alexis, and I really want to change that. I don't play the piano, I'm not a runner, I don't bake, I don't have the best body, I don't have a job, I never got straight A's no matter how hard I tried. I'm mediocre in all that I do and never feel like I can compete with others. My goal for this next year is to accomplish something, whether it's being certified to teach a fitness class, or get a job where I can work from home while watching my sweet baby girl.

Ok my rant is over. :) It's been a while since I have updated my blog. We had a busy summer. This is what we've done over the summer-
  • Alexis and I went to VA to surprise my family and go to my little brothers eagle court of honor.
  • Adam, Alexis and I went to Canada to visit my cousins and Aunt
  • We went to FL so Adam could do something for the military and took Disney World.
  • This last weekend we went to LA for a Yellow Ribbon Ceremony. Adam and I got tickets to the Doctors TV show, which was fun. I was most excited to see Jillian Michael's, who I love!
Alexis is turning one is 2 weeks! I can't believe it!! She has grown so fast!! She now has 5 teeth, 2 on the bottom 3 on the top. The top 3 just came in this last week. She is 23lbs!! Oh I love that girl!!

3 comments:

  1. Melissa you are such a AMAZING person!! Don't be so hard on yourself. You are smart, funny, an Amazing loyal friend and beautiful. I'm lucky to have you as my friend.

    I'm also excited to see pictures of LA.. Did you go to Disneyland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Janiel!
    I'm glad I checked your blog so I could see this and tell you that you are a great person!
    You are a sweet, caring, amazing person and that means WAY more then just saying "I play piano" or "I climbed Mt. Everest". ;)
    I do know how you feel with wanting to have more of a title then just "mom". Just wanting something to claim as yours that you do. I think that is a good thing to pursue but don't forget that you are a wonderful person and momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, what they said! But, I also understand the desire for something to say you enjoy and are good at. Just try new things every chance you'll get, you'll find something you love to do!

    ReplyDelete